KNOWLEDGE DROP: Police Brutality Tee
Brand Tunnel Vision
- Black people are 2.5-2.8x more likely than white people to die by violent force at the hands of law enforcement in the US.
- Black victims are more likely to be unarmed (15%) than White victims (6%) when killed by the police.
- Black people stopped by police are 21.3% more like than their White counterparts to be involved in an interaction with police where a weapon is drawn.
- Black people are 53% more likely to experience use of force by the police than White people in general.
- When officers report civilians have been compliant and no arrest was made, Black people are still 21.3% more likely to endure some type of force.
- 24% of Black people killed by the police were not attacking police at the time of their death, compared to 17% of White people killed by the police.
- 1 in 1,000 Black boys and men in the US will be killed by police in their lifetime.
-Yale University, US National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health, US Department of Justice, Rutgers University’s School of Criminal Justice, University of Nebraska at Omaha